Image Map

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Shabby Nightstand



I finished this little gem this morning & can't get enough of it! It is just so cute and has so much character. So what if the drawer is missing and spindles are broken off. I LOVE IT. 


This is my new favorite paint color I don't know the name of it but I picked it up at restore for 2$ I think this color is really similar to Lucketts green milk paint from Miss mustard seed. 
PREP WORK: Light sanding and cleaning
PAINT: Latex,  3 coats 
FINISH: Cured for 1 week, distressed with sanding block and 1 coat of miss mustard seed wax.
I have never tried wax over latex painted furniture but it turned out beautiful and so smooth!! 


p.s. 
Let's pretend I haven't been gone for a year. We have been building our home for the past year and its just getting warm enough to paint.









No comments:

Post a Comment