Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Before and After: Free Dresser

Hi guys, Today I am really excited to show you this dresser re-do I did recently




I got this dresser from my mother in law for free. At first I thought it was pretty ugly and I didn't know how it was going to look... And now I can't believe I was even considering not doing it.
I really love the details on this dresser and I love that its not just a regular old plain dresser. 
I'm just going to jump into this now because there are a lot of pictures to show!!


I sanded lightly and primed with a spray paint primer
The paint color is muddy river by kwal
the handles I sprayed are rust-oleum hammered
after the paint dried I lightly sanded and sprayed a poly sealer.













The dresser is going to my bedroom not the kitchen but that is kind of as far as it's gotten. Its heavy and I just got surgery on my toes so that's where it will be for a few more days :)


(RE EDITED) Okay here it is in the bedroom now :)






There is a little bit of bumps?? lol  from water I am guessing. (it is a particle wood)

Dresser- FREE!
Mercury glass vase- 9$ Tj Maxx
Dried Flower arangement- 1$ Yard sale
Owl candle- 4$ Home goods
Deer horn- Our collection
Basket - 7$ Tj Maxx
Old window -Antique store 10$ (Had friend put vinyl on it)



Thanks so much for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Morgan...
    You have a super cute blog. I am from Utah, too. I so want to move back but we have followed my husbands career to Virginia for now. In my latest post 'Rustic Bench Back in the Foyer' - you asked if I could give more details on how I cut and painted the wood. I am the worst at tutorials but here is a link to several of my paint tips...

    http://downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com/search/label/paint%20tips

    I hope that helps - best one yet is my baby oil trick in 'my secret to glazing cabinets'!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog...so nice to meet and follow you! :) Have a great week.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much for taking the time to write back. I will definitely be checking those out :)

    ReplyDelete